CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re:photgraphs and obtain 3d images

Posted by Andrew Werby
on 2002-09-20 00:08:19 UTC
Message: 21
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 20:40:04 -0400
From: hllrsr@...
Subject: Re: Re: photgraphs and obtain 3d images.

Erik,
Bruce Clark on the Larken group has done this, and written the software,
using an Aculux Laser Range finder.

http://www.aculux.com/laseranger.htm

Apparently these cost ~$1000 and are good to .002"
Email me and I'll forward the message to you.

HTH
Iain

[That's pretty cool! And at the OEM price, not altogether unaffordable for
many. If it was packaged with a probing program that would generate 3d
meshes (DXF or STL) it would be a real contender in the
low-price-scanner-attachment-for-CNC-machine market. Or does it do all that
already?]

Andrew Werby
www.computersculpture.com

Discussion Thread

Eric Keller 2002-09-18 20:11:02 UTC photgraphs and obtain 3d images Andrew Werby 2002-09-20 00:08:19 UTC Re:photgraphs and obtain 3d images