CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: stepper torque.....please help

Posted by J.G.
on 2002-09-23 00:20:44 UTC
THANK YOU FOR A CLEAR SUGGESTION. I WAS THINKING ALONG
THOSE SAME LINES.i just wanted to hear it from someone
who actually knew what they were doing. i can always
upgrade later to geckos and get rid of the xylotex
driver.
any suggestions for step/direction milling software
for ease of use, but mostly reliability? ive
downloaded pretty much every demo on the internet. a
friend of mine suggested mastercam but after looking
at his its seems way over my head.
thanks a bunch for your help.i think ill go with the
xylotex driver and see how things go. gotta start at
the bottom, but i always get the urge to jump straight
to the top. its a pity life doesnt work that way
though!
and as far as the cost of machining....well i know
exactly what you mean. i spent twice as much for end
mills and other misc. stuff just to get me going, than
i did for the mill.
i guess when i get it setup for cnc, i can get most
of my money back for the rotary table since i wont be
needing it anymotr.

thanks for the encouragement. because i was really
getting discouraged trying to figure this stuff out
and was getting ready to give up the whole idea
altogether.