CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rapidsyn Motor Question

Alan Trest wrote:

> Hi Group,
>
> I have two Rapidsyn triple stack 23D 6306C Steppers. 3.4vdc and 2.9A
> I have searched for days with no info on these, ie: torque rating
> ect... on these. They are 6 wire (I assume they are Uni-polar but
> not listed and not sure). They came off of a Dahlgren System 500
> Engraver if that helps.
>
> Any help from the motor guru's would be appreciated.

What more info do you need? That really is about it. Do you need
specific holding torque? Wiring? You can figure out the wiring
with an ohmmeter. The two phases will have no conductivity between
them. If you find the 3 wires connected to a particular phase, then
find one wire that has roughly the same resistance to the other
two wires. This first wire is the center tap. Use it and one of the
others for each phase with a bipolar drive. The other end connection
is not used. Current will be 2.9A per phase either unipolar or
bipolar. A 60 V DC supply might be a good starting place.

Alan Trest 2002-09-30 17:17:11 UTC Rapidsyn Motor Question Jon Elson 2002-09-30 20:48:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rapidsyn Motor Question