CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Question for Marriss

Posted by mariss92705
on 2002-09-30 21:28:29 UTC
Jeff,

You are correct; that is the only difference. The multiplier is not
nearly as useful in the servo as it is in the step drive because you
can set resolution via the encoder. Where it is useful is:

(1) Where you need coarse resolution but still want to have a small
dither angle.

(2) You are already stuck with a high resolution encoder and have a
wimpy maximum step pulse frequency.

Mariss

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "ja_erickson" <ja_erickson@y...> wrote:
> Marriss,
>
> good day,
>
> the g320 and g340 servo drivers that you sell are for use with step
> and direction inputs. correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems as
> though both of these units are virtually identical except for the
> step pulse multiplier? wouldnt the encoders p.p.r. control the
servo
> motors accuracy and resolution? i would like to know the potential
> differences between using the g320 vs. the g340, for example given
> a dc servo with a 1000 count quadrature feedback. im new to the
> servo motor scene but i do have some experience with steppers and
> your g210 drives.
>
> thanx again as always
>
> jeff erickson

Discussion Thread

ja_erickson 2002-09-30 17:38:44 UTC Question for Marriss mariss92705 2002-09-30 21:28:29 UTC Re: Question for Marriss