CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] just found VisualMill/Rhino bundle on sale

Posted by Peter
on 2002-10-04 10:53:59 UTC
I've been using Visual Mill for almost 2 years now and can vouch for its
"relative" ease of use and reliability. It is a tiny bit quirky in the
way you orient your work etc. VM's software is very powerful, but still
requires a working knowledge of machining strategies. It allows you to
quickly try different processes to see which combination results in the
quickest completion time. It hardly ever crashes my Win2K PC - maybe
twice in the last year!

You still have to plan how you are going to fixture a part - VM allows
you to create "no-go" regions where clamps might be lurking. I'm
currently working on a project to machine a part from both sides (not
simultaneosly...) where the bottom cut is at 45 degrees to the top
surface machining. I have been quite impressed with how VM allows me to
register my datums and work at a specified angle - something I've never
needed before.

The price quoted is amazing compared to what I paid! Anyone
contemplating Visual Mill should also check out IM Service's packages
and also www.onecnc.com.

I am just a happy VM user - no kickbacks!

Cheers, Peter

dolph_and_nicole wrote:

>Been lurking on this list for months. Thought i would mention this,
>tho - Not affiliated with the company.
>
>Looks like MecSoft got in partnership with Rhino - Mecsoft got a new
>VP of sales last month and they are trying to capture the low end
>market.

Discussion Thread

dolph_and_nicole 2002-10-04 10:28:11 UTC just found VisualMill/Rhino bundle on sale Peter 2002-10-04 10:53:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] just found VisualMill/Rhino bundle on sale skykotechnologies 2002-10-04 15:27:24 UTC Re: just found VisualMill/Rhino bundle on sale Ray Henry 2002-10-05 06:12:27 UTC Re: Re: just found VisualMill/Rhino bundle on sale Andrew Werby 2002-10-05 15:11:18 UTC Re: just found VisualMill/Rhino bundle on sale Rick E 2002-10-05 17:54:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: just found VisualMill/Rhino bundle on sale Larry Ragan 2002-10-07 08:06:22 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: just found VisualMill/Rhino bundle on sale Rick E 2002-10-07 08:43:18 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: just found VisualMill/Rhino bundle on sale Andrew Werby 2002-10-07 22:35:58 UTC Re: just found VisualMill/Rhino bundle on sale