CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Store / Recall XYZ Coordinates MDI?

Posted by bjammin@i...
on 2002-10-06 17:51:31 UTC
At 03:21 PM 10/6/02 -0000, you wrote:
>Is there a MDI line I can use to store and retrieve my XYZ
>coordinates? I'm doing some measurements part way through my cut and
>would like to be able to manually jog the table around and be able
>to automatically position it back to the save point to continue
>cutting.

It's a handy feature, and I included it in Axis Wizard. It is also
evidently supported by Ability Systems Corp, who have some feature similar
in their new ver of Indexer-LPT. I have never seen it anywhere else
specifically, but something similar is found in some laser and/or waterjet
cutting machines, where it is used for changing bad optics or nozzles in
the middle of part. In fact, that's also what ASC and I use it for, but it
doesn't require tool or other change to still be useful for other
intermediate operations.

Regards, Hoyt McKagen

Belfab CNC - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/belfab/belfab.html
US Best MC - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/best.html
Camping/Caving - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/caving.html
93% of people killed in workplace accidents are men

Discussion Thread

vrsculptor 2002-10-06 08:21:02 UTC Store / Recall XYZ Coordinates MDI? bjammin@i... 2002-10-06 17:51:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Store / Recall XYZ Coordinates MDI? Ray Henry 2002-10-07 05:24:51 UTC Re:Store / Recall XYZ Coordinates MDI?