CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re:Store / Recall XYZ Coordinates MDI?

Posted by Ray Henry
on 2002-10-07 05:24:51 UTC
Roger

If you are using the emc, switching to manual or MDI will reset the
interpreter to the first line of the part program. The action is the
same as pressing abort. The good news is that from the menu File -> Edit
-> Set Run Mark, you can restart the interpreter from any line you want.
A restart looks a bit odd in the gui because the interpreter reads rather
quickly through the program until it finds the correct restart line.

You can use the g10 command to set any of the coordinate systems or g92
to set the temporary offsets from the program. G92 might be the easiest
in this case because it will assume that current location is to be set to
zero. G10 requires that you know what values you want for the offsets
and assumes that you will use a g54+ command after it is set or that the
coordinate system is already active.

Ray

>    From: "vrsculptor" <vrsculptor@...>
> Subject: Store / Recall XYZ Coordinates MDI?
>
> Is there a MDI line I can use to store and retrieve my XYZ
> coordinates? I'm doing some measurements part way through my cut and
> would like to be able to manually jog the table around and be able
> to automatically position it back to the save point to continue
> cutting.
>
> Roger

Discussion Thread

vrsculptor 2002-10-06 08:21:02 UTC Store / Recall XYZ Coordinates MDI? bjammin@i... 2002-10-06 17:51:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Store / Recall XYZ Coordinates MDI? Ray Henry 2002-10-07 05:24:51 UTC Re:Store / Recall XYZ Coordinates MDI?