CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Pocketing Question

on 2002-10-14 14:09:41 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Dan Statman" <dan.statman@r...> wrote:
> Thank you for the replies and help. Tim was able to fix my problem.
> Apparently when you want to pocket a contour in Vector it must
>reside at
> Z=0. My contour was at Z=0.014 and nothing happened when I
>selected the
> pocket function. Frustrating when the program doesn't tell you
>there is a
> problem and just does nothing.
>
> It all works now, just like it was programmed to.
>
> Daniel J. Statman, Statman Designs

Seing as Dan offered this out to the Dolphin camp I'll reply.

In Dolphin you just select the shape and turn it into a profile. This
involves giving it a name, saying if it's closed or not and setting
where the top is relative to Z0. and giving it a depth.
That's it. The top of the profile can be above or below Z0. It
doesn't matter. It also doesn't matter if the entities that make the
shape up all run in the same direction. The program is intelligent
enough to realise if ts a closed shape you need to go all the way
round.
Selecting this profile for milling is enough. You don't need any
offsets etc as they are worked out by the program either adding or
subtracting the tool radius as required.
In the pocket command you have a choice of many commands, all
editable before the post is produced.

John S.

Discussion Thread

Dan Statman 2002-10-14 09:53:55 UTC Pocketing Question Tim Goldstein 2002-10-14 10:02:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Pocketing Question Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-10-14 11:04:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Pocketing Question Dan Statman 2002-10-14 12:04:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Pocketing Question stevenson_engineers 2002-10-14 14:09:41 UTC Re: Pocketing Question