CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: flat spring, silver solder, was Re: router for sheet metal

on 2002-10-17 15:14:22 UTC
Hi Tim,

Thanks, then I've remembered WRONG (not the first time) AGAIN! I think
the StayBrite is what we used on my son's job.

Yes, I took to screwing a thin sheet of spring brass (of some scrap
sort) through the "hole" I wanted in the part, and let the CNC mill cut
around. The inside corners which I NEED square (affects the spring
action) couldn't, of course, come out square! I used a file on 'em.
Still not happy with them yet. Difficult to hold part down by ONE small
screw for milling!

Alan KM6VV

Tim Goldstein wrote:

> My part also had holes. Drill first and then mill it out. I never could have
> done it if it wasn't for CNC.
>
> Odd temperature range on the solder. I am familiar with soft silver like
> StayBrite that is in the 450°F range and then hard silvers that go from
> 1100 - 1500 °F. Never heard of material in that middle range.
>
> Tim
> [Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-10-17 13:00:03 UTC Re: flat spring, silver solder, was Re: router for sheet metal Tim Goldstein 2002-10-17 13:12:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: flat spring, silver solder, was Re: router for sheet metal Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-10-17 15:14:22 UTC Re: flat spring, silver solder, was Re: router for sheet metal Ian W. Wright 2002-10-18 01:59:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: flat spring, silver solder, was Re: router for sheet metal