CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Free Surfcam 2D, just got it!

Posted by jagco1998
on 2002-10-20 02:02:41 UTC
This route is much simpler, and works for me everytime...
Highlight all the code in the editor(being careful not to go outside
of the editor box) and instead of printing to file, just right click
on the highlighted text and copy it. the 1000 line copy message
doesnt appear when i do it this way. Then all I do is paste it into
a new text file renamed to the extention that I need.
And I ve copied up to 14000 line code this way before with no
problems.

Regards

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
> List,
>
> This also worked for BobCAD, the last time I tried it.
>
> Alan KM6VV
>
> rsgoldner wrote:
> >
> > Actually, you can only copy/paste 1000 characters. However, I did
> > find a workaround to save all of the gcode. Install the Windows
> > generic printer driver and set it up to print to a file. Surfcam
> > does allow you to print all of the gcode, just select the generic
> > printer when printing. You will be prompted for a file name. The
> > file will contain form feed characters, but that's not a big
deal to
> > get rid of if your controller doesn't like it.

Discussion Thread

tauscnc 2002-08-02 23:01:33 UTC Free Surfcam 2D, just got it! rsgoldner 2002-08-03 05:30:49 UTC Re: Free Surfcam 2D, just got it! tauscnc 2002-08-03 07:50:21 UTC Re: Free Surfcam 2D, just got it! Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-08-03 10:52:15 UTC Re: Free Surfcam 2D, just got it! jagco1998 2002-10-20 02:02:41 UTC Re: Free Surfcam 2D, just got it!