CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Free Surfcam 2D, just got it!

Posted by rsgoldner
on 2002-08-03 05:30:49 UTC
Actually, you can only copy/paste 1000 characters. However, I did
find a workaround to save all of the gcode. Install the Windows
generic printer driver and set it up to print to a file. Surfcam
does allow you to print all of the gcode, just select the generic
printer when printing. You will be prompted for a file name. The
file will contain form feed characters, but that's not a big deal to
get rid of if your controller doesn't like it.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "tauscnc" <tauscnc@h...> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I just got my free CD and so far I am impressed! The program is
nice
> and has more features then I know what to do with or how to use :)
> You can pocked (limited to 2 I think), conture, vector, arrange,
etc
> etc etc, and get the g-code. Whats even better? There is built in
NC
> verifying and you get to see your part being made (very nice!).
Only
> real limitation is that you can't save more then 1000 lines of g-
code
> but you can copy paste to another program (hope they are not
reading
> this :).
>
> Man I can't even imagine the full version and the others like
> mastercam and such! gezzzzz
>
> If you have not gotten it, get it! It's free and great for 2.5D
stuff
> that most of us do.
>
> (well I think I put in a good enough plug for them hehhee)
> http://www.surfware.com/
>
> tauseef

Discussion Thread

tauscnc 2002-08-02 23:01:33 UTC Free Surfcam 2D, just got it! rsgoldner 2002-08-03 05:30:49 UTC Re: Free Surfcam 2D, just got it! tauscnc 2002-08-03 07:50:21 UTC Re: Free Surfcam 2D, just got it! Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-08-03 10:52:15 UTC Re: Free Surfcam 2D, just got it! jagco1998 2002-10-20 02:02:41 UTC Re: Free Surfcam 2D, just got it!