CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CAM Software Options?

Posted by CL
on 2002-10-22 15:11:44 UTC
I too, was not all that impressed....well, other than the introductory pricing.

On the cad side, I thought it rediculous that it would not allow a "nearest" snap and any other snap to be active at the same time. Way too much button pushing for me.

On the Cam side, I found it to take way too many steps to get where I was going. It made me really appreciate the quick "point and shoot methods of VectorCam (which still needs a dialog to
automatically insert feedrates like most Cam programs and better toolbars) . I had hoped that TurboCam would have captured the methods of Surfcam.

Saving my money,
Chris L

"j.guenther" wrote:

> IMHO the biggest problem with TurboCADCAM is the lack of documentation for
> the CAM functions AND the just plain s*^&^^y tutorials provided. It may
> turn out to be a nice product but the sure as heck need to spend some
> serious money on the documentation if they plan on getting any substantial
> piece of the CAM market.
>
> John Guenther
> 'Ye Olde Pen Maker'
> Sterling, Virginia

Discussion Thread

natchamp_87 2002-10-21 16:55:03 UTC CAM Software Options? Alan Matheson 2002-10-21 19:26:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CAM Software Options? natchamp_87 2002-10-22 13:44:35 UTC Re: CAM Software Options? j.guenther 2002-10-22 13:53:09 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CAM Software Options? CL 2002-10-22 15:11:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CAM Software Options?