CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: G02, G03 & EMC

Clint Bach wrote:

> From: Clint Bach <clintbach@...>
>
> Hi,
>
> Hmmm, I understand the I, J, K thing much better now...
>
> But... When I run the EMC with I, J, K, circular interpolation on my
> machine I get errors and the machine stops. The error is: beginning
> and
> end radius do not match (paraphrased from my memory). I rewrote the
> same exact drawing using R format instead of I, J, K and everything
> went
> just fine.

Right. The tolerance for error in the matching of radius calculated
from the begin point and
end point is tighter than the number of digits normally supplied
xx.xxxx", so a tiny bit of
roundoff error (as the whole EMC system uses mm internally) throws it
into a tizzy.
It was discussed some time back on how to adjust this tolerance. but, I
have also
switched to the R word, as it is easier to read the radius right off the
command line
instead of having to compute it.

> This machine was run on AHHA and I had the same radius problem with I,
>
> J, K beginning and end radius not being the same. The fix was to
> loosen
> up the tolerances just a bit so the machine could use three decimal
> point numbers instead of 4 decimal point numbers for I J and K. Could
>
> this be the problem? If so where is that magic information stored in
> the EMC?

Well, I ran into this plenty before switching to R. I see no reason to
go back, as
my CAM software is just as happy to use the R word, too. If your CAM
doesn't
generate R, then you need to search back in the archives. But, it may
be that the
radius tolerance is now a parameter in the .ini file. I seem to
remember that was
in the works.

Clint Bach 2000-02-03 10:55:32 UTC G02, G03 & EMC Jon Elson 2000-02-03 11:47:10 UTC Re: G02, G03 & EMC Ian Wright 2000-02-03 14:57:23 UTC Re: G02, G03 & EMC PTENGIN@a... 2000-02-04 10:08:25 UTC Re: G02, G03 & EMC