CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: A few questions: 3:1 ratio okay for accuracy? is my setup correct?

Posted by mueller914
on 2002-10-24 11:38:57 UTC
I happen to have one of the encoders right here....
part # E2-500-197-G, so it's a 500 CPR with a 5mm shaft

I'll try your recommened setting tonight, thanks

Mike

is 500--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Tim Goldstein" <timg@k...> wrote:
> I think that you do not have the proper numbers entered even if it
may be
> giving the correct steps per inch. I am assuming that you do not
have 25
> line encoders which is what you would need to get 25 steps/rev.
What we
> really need to know is the line count of the encoders and what
multiplier
> ratio you have the G340 set for. Then with the other information we
can
> figure it all out.
> Steps per revolution will equal 4 x the lines on the encoder. So if
you have
> a 250 line encoder (far more likely than 25) you will get 1000
encoder
> counts which = steps with this drive after you divide by the pulse
> multiplier setting. So if the pulse multiplier is set to 1 X (no
> multiplication) than you have 1000 steps per rev. If it is set to
10 than
> you would have 100 steps per rev (way to low, but it is an example).
> You should have 0 in microstepping as the drive does not microstep.
>
> The way you have it configured I would guess that you really have a
500 line
> encoder and that the drive is set to 10 x pulse multiplication.
That means
> that the motor really has 2000 steps per rev and the drive is then
reducing
> it to 200 which equals the 100 step per rev then doubled by 2 x
microstep.
> Works, but not my idea of optimum. I think I would set the drives
to 5 x
> pulse multiplication and then use the settings of 400 steps per
rev, no
> microstep and keep the reduction and TPI you have. You may also
want to play
> with the 2 x pulse multiplier setting and then use 1000 steps per
rev.

> Tim
> [Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

mueller914 2002-10-24 10:28:55 UTC A few questions: 3:1 ratio okay for accuracy? is my setup correct? Tim Goldstein 2002-10-24 11:11:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] A few questions: 3:1 ratio okay for accuracy? is my setup correct? mueller914 2002-10-24 11:38:57 UTC Re: A few questions: 3:1 ratio okay for accuracy? is my setup correct?