CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: RACK AND SPUR GEAR FORMULATION

Posted by monty60475
on 2002-10-24 21:06:57 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Raul Lara <ralaco@y...> wrote:
> What's the formulation to get how many turns a Spur
> Gear need to get an inch or a foot on a Steel rack?
> I need to know a 16 Pitch Rack with a 12 No. of teeth,
> Pitch Dia. .750" Spur gear.
> And
> A 16 Pitch Rack with a 16 No. of teeth, Pitch Dia.
> 1.00" Spur gear.
> Regards
> Raul Lara

> http://webhosting.yahoo.com/
....I had the same question a while back. When I inquired about
pricing on custom made gear racks from a local producer I asked. I
was told too take the pitch dia. and figure the pitch circumference.
This will tell you how far that (spur) gear will travel in 1 rev. If
some knows different please let us know.

Discussion Thread

Raul Lara 2002-10-24 16:43:21 UTC RACK AND SPUR GEAR FORMULATION monty60475 2002-10-24 21:06:57 UTC Re: RACK AND SPUR GEAR FORMULATION jcc3inc 2002-10-25 07:08:05 UTC Re: RACK AND SPUR GEAR FORMULATION