CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] using servo motors w/encoders for my DRO??

Posted by Country Bubba
on 2002-10-25 14:24:46 UTC
Yep,
Basically, what I did was to eliminate the servo motor and made new mounts
for the encoders and then modified Steve's program to work with my
computers. We now have a completely re-written version of the program along
with a new interface using 4 IC's and a handful of resistors.

All of the information including the updated software can be found in the
link in my tag line.
enjoy and write off line if I can help.

At 05:32 PM 10/25/02 +0000, you wrote:
>With my servo controller turned off, is it feasible to use the
>encoders off my servo motors for a DRO?
>
>I have the kit from Camtronics and seperate linear scales (US
>digital) but I'd rather not have to mount the scales if I don't have
>to.
>

>If the Camtronics kit wouldn't work, could I just use the software
>from lindsayengraving.com?
>
>anything wrong with this idea?

Bubba

OLDER THAN DIRT
Country Bubba
(Actually the inventor of Country and Bubba)

axtein@...
LaGrange, GA

http://ns1.dicomm.net/~axtein/dro

mueller914 2002-10-25 10:32:25 UTC using servo motors w/encoders for my DRO?? Country Bubba 2002-10-25 14:24:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] using servo motors w/encoders for my DRO?? Jon Elson 2002-10-25 22:11:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] using servo motors w/encoders for my DRO?? Dan Mauch 2002-10-26 06:10:31 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] using servo motors w/encoders for my DRO??