CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

NAMES --> was Center tapped transformer

Posted by Ray Henry
on 2002-10-27 15:30:44 UTC
NAMES is North American Model Engineering Society or (show) depending on
the context. The show is in April near Detroit Michigan. The model work
done by the hundreds of exhibitors is worth the price of travel and
admission.

I just met with Roland Friestad, the fellow who coordinates the "open"
CNC stuff there. He plans to have two seminars, one for hardware and
machine conversion and one for software. These will both be in a much
larger room than last year. No one will be turned away for lack of space
again!

I'll be there if, as the old gospel singer said, "The Good Lord's willin'
and the creek don't rise."

Your plans sound great!

Ray

On Saturday 26 October 2002 06:16 am, you wrote:
> Message: 10
>    Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 03:45:37 -0400
>    From: Matt Shaver <mshaver@...>
> Subject: Re: Center tapped transformer
>
> On Wednesday 23 October 2002 03:17 am, you wrote:
> > Matt,
> >
> > Been a while since I have noticed you posting. Hope all is well?
>
> Since every other aspect of this subject has been covered through and
> through by now, I guess the only thing I can add is that I'm doing OK!
> Actually, I've been working on some stuff I'd like to exhibit at NAMES
> this year. I'm CNCing another Sherline mill (5400) and a lathe (4400),
> and I'm really hoping to demonstrate single point threading on the
> lathe and rigid tapping on the mill using the EMC. Wish me luck... ;)
>
> Matt
>
> P.S. Who's going to NAMES this year? I know it's early yet, but I'd
> like to know if anyone's interested in a CNC/CAM software
> get-together/discussion, especially the TurboCNC and Master5/Mach1
> authors... How about Ballendo & his book?

Discussion Thread

Ray Henry 2002-10-27 15:30:44 UTC NAMES --> was Center tapped transformer