CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: How do I 'make' a ballscrew antibacklash nut?

Posted by afogassa
on 2002-10-30 13:19:50 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "dspinnett" <dspinnett@y...> wrote:

> > Some ballnuts has one end with outside fine treads on it, put
both
> > ballnuts agaist each other and using the adjusting outside nut
you
> > can put pressure on the two ballnuts forcing them to pull apart
> from
> > each other thus, preloading them.
> > sort of split acme nuts.
> > The springs, takes the adjusting nut place ,and it works ok only
> for
> > small loads.
>

> Ah, I think get it.
>
> If I went the adjusting nut route, I would thread both ball nuts
into
> the center coupling nut then mount just one of the ball nuts to the
> bed attaching where the original split brass nut went?
>
> If so, should be easy enough.. On the square ball nuts, is there
room
> to bolt the flat directly through the corners of the body, or do
you
> always have to have a flange to mount to?
>
> Thanks for the input..
>
> Dave.

I don't know what size ballscrews you need, but technoisel have
ballscrews that have a zero backlash ballnuts, cheaper and easyer to
install than any other ballscrews.
they have it with 16mm od ballscrews, and 25mm od.
I've got three 16mm diameter ballscrews 1m long and three ballnuts
for about $450.00 bucks.
the nuts are split in half, so i just needed to make a square block
with a hole on it for the nut,adjusting is just a matter of tightening
the setscrew and it's all done.
the nut is split axialy not in a cross section.
I'm using it on my minimill and on a 24x24 gantry with good results.

Discussion Thread

dspinnett 2002-10-29 18:51:30 UTC How do I 'make' a ballscrew antibacklash nut? afogassa 2002-10-29 21:00:35 UTC Re: How do I 'make' a ballscrew antibacklash nut? Raymond Heckert 2002-10-29 21:29:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How do I 'make' a ballscrew antibacklash nut? dspinnett 2002-10-30 11:59:11 UTC Re: How do I 'make' a ballscrew antibacklash nut? dspinnett 2002-10-30 12:04:36 UTC Re: How do I 'make' a ballscrew antibacklash nut? afogassa 2002-10-30 13:19:50 UTC Re: How do I 'make' a ballscrew antibacklash nut?