CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Digest Number 344

Posted by Patrick Huss
on 2000-02-04 07:59:22 UTC
Darrell, you made a bigger oops than you thought this time. In the several
years I have been on the internet I have managed to avoid spam for all but
the last few weeks, when I started recieving the type of crap Darrell is
asking his partners to spread around. I immediately contacted friends in my
state government who put me in touch with the attorney general's office.
Just the act of distributing spam is illegal in my state, but the plot
thickens.... as it turns out several of these so-called spams are actually
commiting fraud -that is to say that there is some new type of virus called
cross-site scripting that hides malicious codes inside links! Things like
your id and credit card number etc. etc. are being sent to very Not-nice
people. Well its seeme to be a popular political topic(cyberCRIME) right now
and they (attorney general. et al) were thrilled that I had copied and saved
all the spams, they even sent two state troopers to interview me AND my ISP.
I knew that the spam had originated from this list because of which email
address the mailings were sent to, and now, Darrell, I know who is
responsible. And so does the Attorney General's office.

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 12:15:53 -0800
From: "Darrell Gehlsen" <darrell@...>
Subject: Free $20.00 no kidding

http://machinemaster.com/xcommach.html
Here you go. send this page to everybody and go to opportunity lists like
egroups.com (search for freebie lists, moneymaking lists, MLM lists... join
them using your hotmail address. That way if they just respond back with
their offer without actually reading yours it goes in the junk mail box.
Join these lists and choose digest as the way to get messages. You will have
to go to excite every couple days and dump the mail into the trash but you
don't have to read any of it so no big deal. Just select all and trash it.
post messages to these groups each day. Use different headlines like "free
$20 INSTANTLY!" Free line of credit up to $5000" and stuff like that. Hit
reply back to everyone who sends you junk mail in any of your accounts and
send them this link telling them thanks for sending you their stuff. Here's
$20 in appreciation for the great information they sent you.
Darrell

Message: 4