CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: AutoCAD 2000 on windows XP

Posted by Peter Moreton
on 2002-11-04 01:05:24 UTC
Hi,

The problem is caused by AutoCAD querying the OS for it's version number
which it expects to be less than or equal to v5, which equates to
Windows 2000. Windows XP returns v5.1, and the AutoCAD installer assumes
this is something wacky, and refuses to install.

The answer is to go into accessories/program compatability and set the
the OS version to be Windows 2000(=v5) for the AutoCAD install only. I
did this myself a few months ago, when installing Acad 2000 on my XP
machine, can't remember the details off hand, but if you cannot get this
to work, drop me an email, and I'll dig out my notes.

Peter Moreton

Message: 18
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 01:09:20 -0000
From: "dgmachinist" <scsm@...>
Subject: AutoCAD compatibility

Hi all,

I just installed Windows XP on my computer so I could run Mach1. The
problem with this is that now I can't install my copy of AutoCAD
2000 (educational version). It says that XP is an "invalid OS". Is
there any way I can get around that? Any help would be appreciated

Discussion Thread

Peter Moreton 2002-11-04 01:05:24 UTC RE: AutoCAD 2000 on windows XP