CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Three phase 50 V. Help wanted

Posted by caudlet
on 2002-11-04 05:34:55 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Don" <donkiwi@y...> wrote:
> My problem is that the torque amplifiers have 50V 3-phase motors
> (50Hz, 1/40 hp, 2750 r.p.m.) which are integral to the units.
> Repowering them with single phase or D.C. motors would be a mission
> and I am attempting to build a 3 phase 50V power supply to run from
> single phase domestic supply (230V, 50Hz, neutral-earthed).
> I have built a "Rotary Converter" prototype from internet search
> info,....which doesn't work....
> Can anyone help me with it, please ? Any suggestions for a good CNC
> controller ?

Don: Whew!! 1941 bombsite parts...that's a REAL challenge. There
exists sufficent talent in this group to help you design a 3 phase
50HZ converter. It would be my advice to lurk in the shadows for a
few weeks and follow the threads on steppers, servos, controllers and
software. Go to the links the members provide and visit the sites of
some of the members listed. You will discover several things: (1)
The prices are much more reasonalble on all of the components to make
a good CNC machine than they were even two or three years ago. (2)
The mechanical part of the construction is only about 50% (perhaps
less) of the challenge. You will be presented with a bewildering set
of choices for CAD, CAM and Controller Software. You will be forced
to invest a LOT of time in learning whatever software programs you
choose.

My personal advice is to pick up the torque amplifiers, walk to any
open window you have available and toss them as far as you can manage.

Discussion Thread

Don 2002-11-04 01:02:55 UTC Three phase 50 V. Help wanted caudlet 2002-11-04 05:34:55 UTC Re: Three phase 50 V. Help wanted Jon Elson 2002-11-04 09:15:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Three phase 50 V. Help wanted JanRwl@A... 2002-11-05 11:01:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Three phase 50 V. Help wanted