CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Shinano Kenshi 24VDC Servo Motor with Encoder Res: 500 Pulses/Rotation I have databook

Multi-Volti Devices wrote:

> From: "Multi-Volti Devices" <multi-volti@...>
>
> If anyone wants full data sheets for this motor, I just got a catalog
> in the
> mail from Shinano today, by coincidence.
>
> How much work can one really do with a 40W servomotor, compared to a
> NEMA 34
> or 42 stepper?

Not much. Might be somewhat comparable to the NEMA size 34 stepper
(single stack).
The servo motor has a peak rating, which is usually several times the
continuous rating,
and so it can actually accelerate and brake a bigger load than you would
think from the
40W rating, which would be the continuous number. This might be fine
for the smaller
machines (Sherline, Taig, etc.). Especially with a belt reduction in
the range of 2:1 to 4:1,
and ball screws, I would expect it to do a fine job.

I'm using 1/8 Hp (continuous) motors on my Bridgeport, with 2.5:1 belt
reduction and
5 TPI ballscrews. I have broken 3/8" end mills off cleanly when a clamp
bolt crashed
into the (stationary) tool! And, that was without even tripping the
servo amp offline!
So, I think motors of this size are sufficient for the Bridgeport. 1/8
Hp is just under
100W.

Jon Elson 2000-02-08 12:10:02 UTC Re: Shinano Kenshi 24VDC Servo Motor with Encoder Res: 500 Pulses/Rotation I have databook Carlos Guillermo 2000-02-08 13:32:15 UTC RE: Shinano Kenshi 24VDC Servo Motor with Encoder Res: 500 Pulses/Rotation I have databook