CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: Shinano Kenshi 24VDC Servo Motor with Encoder Res: 500 Pulses/Rotation I have databook

on 2000-02-08 13:32:15 UTC
According to my rough calculations, you can get 64 lbs of thrust using these
motors at the rated torque with the following assumptions:

- 2:1 reduction from motor to 5 tpi ballscrew, and 90% efficiency overall
- effective pitch = .100" motion per turn of screw (in/rev)
- 1 kgf-cm = .8679 lbf-in
- rated motor torque = 1.3 kgf-cm = 1.13 lbf-in = 18.1 oz-in
- screw nut thrust force:

Force(oz) = [torque(oz-in) * 2 * 3.14 * efficiency(%)] / pitch(in/rev)

= [18.1 * 2 * 3.14 * .9 ] / .100

= 1023 oz.

= 63.9 lbs

This would be the thrust force of the nut pushing on the table, assuming
there are no additional torque loads on the screw. This does not include
any friction losses due to the slide system (dovetail ways, etc) or masses
(z axis weight, inertia). Once you know this info and the cutting loads you
want to see, you should be able to calculate the max. acceleration potential
of the system. I have no idea what good acceleration would be for machine
tools. Anyone??

Carlos Guillermo