CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bport CNC Series 1 BOSS Quill problem

mc_n_g wrote:

>Has anyone had any problems with the Z-axis motor not working
>properly. The machine just started acting up. Cold starts have not
>revived it.
>The Z-axis will make .001 steps OK (quill moves up and down)
>.01 - it will move but in a stuttered motion. This is the most
>motion I can get without problems.
>.1 - the motor stutters and you can hear the Z motor 'torque slip'.
>Like it does not have enough power to overcome the movement of the
>quill. With the belt cover off I can see the belt gear stutter but
>not move.
>1 inch and JOG - forget it. It is not happening at all. Just more
>of the z motor slipping.
>
>The autolube is working properly. The quill is getting lube.
>Fuses are OK. If fuse blew there would be no Z axis motion at all.
>With power off to the machine I can turn the belt gear and move the
>quill up and down manually.

You have almost certainly blown a transistor in the Z axis driver card.
Somebody put a photo
set that describes the testing and repair of this assembly in the
archives, I think.

You can probably swap the driver cards and check that the problem
follows that card.

mc_n_g 2002-11-26 08:18:31 UTC Bport CNC Series 1 BOSS Quill problem Jon Elson 2002-11-26 10:07:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bport CNC Series 1 BOSS Quill problem bjammin@i... 2002-11-26 14:45:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bport CNC Series 1 BOSS Quill problem