CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Brushless Servo Drives - Non Step/Dir Input

Posted by deanc500
on 2002-11-30 19:55:04 UTC
Hi Mark, did you get a chance to look at the Rutex site? They offer a
step and direction brushless servo drive, the R992, and a step and dir
to +/-10V out board called the R997A www.rutex.com
Dean

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "natchamp_87" <mark@h...> wrote:
> Ok, I'm making progress on learning what my options are for driving
> brushless servo motors. My question is this: Is there such a thing
> as a protocall interface board that would recieve step/dir signals
> from the parallel port, turn them into 0-10v (or whatever logic
> required for brusless servo drives) signals for the amp/drive to
take?

> I would like to use the step/dir signals because I could start out
> with TurboCNC, Mach5, G2002, etc. However, I am finding that a lot
> of the potential brushless drives don't take step/dir signals.
>
> Mark

Discussion Thread

natchamp_87 2002-11-30 18:59:33 UTC Brushless Servo Drives - Non Step/Dir Input deanc500 2002-11-30 19:55:04 UTC Re: Brushless Servo Drives - Non Step/Dir Input natchamp_87 2002-11-30 21:19:41 UTC Re: Brushless Servo Drives - Non Step/Dir Input