CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Toroid Transformer update

Posted by Chris L
on 2002-12-07 21:12:37 UTC
Hey thanks, I'll go back thru and take a look. It gets easy to miss
stuff in this group.

btw, those API's you sold me really work great. Should have thrown my
MicroK's out long ago. The MicroK's needed 65uS of Pulse width! That
sure chewed up processor time and final speed capability. I was hoping
to ask the group if anyone had a loose one they'd sell so I have a spare
or one for a fourth axis.... But, I'm forced to watch my cash a little
at the moment.... Stupid Health insurance went up again :-( DONT
grow old !

My earlier questions about that 5 volts actually took me a little while
to get through. I have +5 available thru FlashCuts Signal Generator and
also from the MicroK power supplys. I want to flip between Mach1 and
FlashCut, so I knew I needed the +5 from the MicroK for Mach1, but, I
needed to use FlashCuts +5 when under FC control because if I didn't,
All of my outputs get punched with voltage the minute I shut down
FlashCut. The Coolant, Dust collection, Spindle all at one moment.... It
just doesn't seem like a good thing to let happen. I got it now though.
I'll be able to just swap a parallel cable and flip the new +5 switch
from "internal" to "external". Thanks for your input !

So, next on the list is to get Mach1 on my controller PC. I think it is
a Soyo board with a Celeron 1.3... Sure hope it works. I couldn't get it
to work on my Fujitsu Laptop, that I know...... I do not want to build
another computer to run Mach1 with. We'll know soon enough.

Thanks,
Chris L

Tim Goldstein wrote:

>Chris,
>
>There was a lot posted about a month ago on how to connect a center tap
>transformer to get in your case 44V at 9 amps. It it just takes 2 diodes
>or using a bridge in a couple different configurations depending upon
>what you want.

Discussion Thread

Chris L 2002-12-07 20:48:35 UTC Toroid Transformer update Tim Goldstein 2002-12-07 20:57:17 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Toroid Transformer update Chris L 2002-12-07 21:12:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Toroid Transformer update James Cullins 2002-12-08 06:43:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Toroid Transformer update JanRwl@A... 2002-12-08 11:47:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Toroid Transformer update Chris L 2002-12-08 16:16:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Toroid Transformer update JanRwl@A... 2002-12-08 18:40:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Toroid Transformer update