CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stupid Newbie Tricks

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 2002-12-10 06:53:50 UTC
Those are nice motors. Probaly a C42 frame with a 3.250 D bolt circle.
Most likely a .625D shaft. The motors may be two or three wires. If it
is two wires then make sure you check between one wire and the case and
then the other wire and the case to make sure it is open. I have seen
some that have one wire attached to the case and will blow the output
chips of the servo amps. Most of those motors had a torque constant of
50 once inches per amp. They generally have a peak current of 12/20 Amps
so if you have the motor that is about 5" long you probably have a 600
oz in peak motor and 900 if you have the longer 8" motor. Those motors
depending on the model ran from 900 RPM to about 1400 RPM. You can
easily add an encoder if you have a lathe.
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: WDSmith [mailto:mediasmith@...]
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 4:11 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stupid Newbie Tricks

OK, I know you guys have nothing better to do than answer stupid
questions so here goes.... I have searched the files (and the rest of
the internet) in quest of some info on the old Amtek/Lamb Electric 50
volt DC motors used in the old tape drives. I have a couple of them and
hate to let them languish when I have plenty of places to use them....
But, I need to have some idea of what they will do and what kind of
power they need to do it.

Can anybody help? I recall they were mentioned several months ago but
can't find anything now. Label numbers available on request. Reply
off-list to mediasmith@... if you want to minimize list clutter.

Thanks!!
WDSmith

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

Moderator: jmelson@... timg@... [Moderator]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
if you have trouble.

sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........ bill
List Mom List Owner

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

WDSmith 2002-12-09 16:05:43 UTC Stupid Newbie Tricks Jon Elson 2002-12-09 22:57:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stupid Newbie Tricks Dan Mauch 2002-12-10 06:53:50 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stupid Newbie Tricks Bill Higdon 2002-12-10 08:08:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stupid Newbie Tricks William Scalione 2002-12-10 08:51:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stupid Newbie Tricks Bill Higdon 2002-12-10 12:01:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stupid Newbie Tricks Jon Elson 2002-12-10 22:50:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stupid Newbie Tricks