CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport R2E3 again!

Posted by Greg Jackson
on 2002-12-15 18:11:36 UTC
If you want to try your system with a rotary converter, you can do that with
your lathe. If you have the lathe motor, or any 3 phase motor for that
matter, running without mechanical load but on your static converter, you
can run the same three lines parallel to your mill. It will see pretty much
the same power as it would see from a rotary converter.

You might also take a look at the circuit and see where all the power goes.
If there are single phase lines that run to various electronics you can make
certain that they are taken from the two true single phase lines out of the
three phase lines. If there are any electronics which are using the
synthetic leg of your three phase lines and making decisions by referencing
ground, they will certainly see odd things. The 3rd leg out of a rotary
converter is pretty solid in reference to the other two, but it will be very
high in reference to ground.

G. Jackson

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron [mailto:azzi_b@...]
Sent: Sunday, December 15, 2002 11:37 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport R2E3 again!

I have now aquired my cnc machine and got it into my home workshop. I am
however havaing a few problems. I am using the same static transwave phase
converter that I use for my lathe, but when I connect the milling machine
the boss 8 controller displays error 4000 after is post checks. Can anyone
shine some light on this, or does anyone have any wiring diagrams for this
machine. If I manually push in the main contactor I can get the machine to
home correctly. I have a feeling that the problems are down to the phase
converter and wondered if moving to a rotary converter would be better. I
cannot install 3 phase electric as the nearest supply to may house is a fair
way down the road

Aaron

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

Moderator: jmelson@... timg@... [Moderator]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
bill
List Mom
List Owner