CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Gecko and postprocessing

on 2002-12-24 14:53:58 UTC
Hi Ftomazz,

First, it seems that G-code is relativly consistant across most
software. but, like English, there is American English, Austrailain
English and even Chin-glish.

Read and understand the codes you will be useing. there are not that
many to understand and since each software handles a little different
you need to be able to fix the problems.

The free/shareware route forces you into manual G-code editing.

I have a friend with a top of the line Haas mill, some great programs
and he does almost all coding by hand. he says it's just faster and
more accurate.

Regarding, plasma, search this list, and read every post on the
subject. it will get you very well ed-u-ma-cated.

Hope this is of some help.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "ftomazz <filipetomaz@p...>"
<filipetomaz@p...> wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I'm trying to build my CNC XY table, and some questions about the
> CAD/CAM are not clear. I will be using 2 G340 drives (X and Y) and
> probably TurboCNC.
>
> As the CAD / CAM, I'm trying Visual Mill and Surfcam (Free versions)
>
> 1) When is time to generate G-Code, some machines are presented
> (Fanuc, Haas, Fadal, ...), because of the G-Code variations, I
think.
> Whitch is the best for the Gecko drives and TurboCNC?
>
> 2) I'm going to use a plasma in the table, so I need a delay before
> start to cut and to ignite the plasma. How do I do this ? I must
edit
> the G-Code myself ?
>
> 3) The packages that I've mentioned were made for milling. I don't
> need rotation, no aproximating distance on Z among others that I
> generate in those packages. I must edit the resulting G-Code to
> delete those instructions, OR if I send them to the TurboCNC (for
> example) they will not have a efect (since I haven't a Z axis or a
> rotating tool), and only the desired output X and Y moviments are
> obtained ?
>
> Thanks.

Discussion Thread

ftomazz <filipetomaz@p... 2002-12-21 15:00:20 UTC Gecko and postprocessing turbulatordude <davemucha@j... 2002-12-24 14:53:58 UTC Re: Gecko and postprocessing