CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Hello, I just walked in and I'm lost

on 2003-01-01 14:13:36 UTC
Welcome to the group.

I would like to add that if you see a post from someone that is
obviously wrong, please speak up.

I have been corrected once or twice and my attitude is that it is
better to be corrected and get the correct information to the group
than to let an eronous post go by. and if you are not sure, ask the
person who posted for clarification.

Also, if someone posts something wrong, it may be the point they need
help on!

it is rare, but sometimes we type after a long day and put something
in the wrong order or just mis-state it.

Also, heed the note about being on topic. Our list mom's are fair
and spend a good deal of time moderating this list. this is a
heavily moderated list. NO off topic is needed or wanted. we all
have too much to do.

Another note is that when you have a thought or question, do a quick
search of the archives. must be done on-line. Yahoo will only post
the last 300 or so matches on a screen and you need to hit either
PREVIOUS or NEXT to get the next group of matches. It will take a
bunch of NEXT/PREVIOUS to search the whole 40,000 plus posts.

lastly, if you change the topic it is good form to also change the
subject line. it really helps in searching later on too.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Goldstein" <timg@k...>
wrote:
> You have come to the right group and are doing the proper thing.
There
> are a few members of this group that have designed servo controls so
> they should be able to help with your questions. This list has very
few
> rules. Basically they are:
> Keep to the approved topics (The method, technology, techniques,
> software, etc to build a CNC machine from the vantage point of a
home
> machinist, not a commercial shop)
> No flaming (attacking a person. It is sure OK to disagree with the
> ideas)
> When told by the list moms (Bill and I) to drop something because
it is
> off topic or inappropriate to just let it go with no discussion on
the
> list. You can always contact up off list and plead any case.
> You can mention items for sale as long as it is something
appropriate to
> the group topics and you don't abuse the privilege. OK to also give
the
> price, but all the dealing should be conducted off list.
>
> That is about it.
>
> Welcome aboard,
> Tim
> [Denver CO]
> Sherline Products at Deep Discount
> Mach1 & DeskCNC with Credit Card ordering
> Contact me for discounts on DeskCNC & Sherline bundles
> www.KTMarketing.com/Sherline

Discussion Thread

wiz1026 <ouisel@v... 2003-01-01 13:05:23 UTC Hello, I just walked in and I'm lost Tim Goldstein 2003-01-01 13:20:16 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Hello, I just walked in and I'm lost turbulatordude <davemucha@j... 2003-01-01 14:13:36 UTC Re: Hello, I just walked in and I'm lost Louise Nichols 2003-01-01 16:06:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Hello, I just walked in and I'm lost James Owens 2003-01-01 16:26:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Hello, I just walked in and I'm lost