CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: VECTOR VS AUTOCAD & TORBOCAD

on 2003-01-06 11:33:05 UTC
Raul,

I can't advise on low cost CAM software (my only experience is with
MasterCAM - not low cost), but I may make a suggestion that may get
you by until you find a package. In the CAD software that I've worked
with you can offset your profiles or surfaces to find the centerline
of your toolpath, then get endpoints, centers, and radii to manually
G code. Probably not practical for large work, but I've done it on
the job in the past when CAM wasn't available to me.

Perhaps that will help?

Ivan

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "ralaco <ralaco@y...>"
<ralaco@y...> wrote:
> VECTOR VS AUTOCAD & TORBOCAD
> My expertise in CNC is plasma cutters with Indexer LPT and as the
CAD
> software AutoCad, TurboCad and Corel.
> I'm finishing a CNC Routers to be run with Mach1, and I need a cam
> software.
> I'm looking for Vector but this is also a CAD software.
> What's the best advice for a CAM software when I have other CAD
> software?
> Is there a good low price ease to learn CAM software to work with
my
> CAD, or it's better Vector as a CAD-CAM combo?
> I will appreciate your best advice.
>
> Regards
> Raul Lara

Discussion Thread

ralaco <ralaco@y... 2003-01-06 11:04:32 UTC VECTOR VS AUTOCAD & TORBOCAD Tim Goldstein 2003-01-06 11:15:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] VECTOR VS AUTOCAD & TORBOCAD wiz1026 <ouisel@v... 2003-01-06 11:33:05 UTC Re: VECTOR VS AUTOCAD & TORBOCAD