CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Cutter compensation

on 2003-01-06 14:25:37 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "sid8ball <sid8ball@h...>"
<sid8ball@h...> wrote:
> When I select cutter compensation to the left or the right what is
> the equation the cnc control computes. And when it rounds accute
line
> angles with a rad what angles does this work on. For example
>
> G00 x0 Y0
> G01 x5 y0
> G01 x5 y5
> G01 x0 y0
>
> For the above program if I wanted tool comp to the left using a 6mm
> dia tool what would be the new points if i were to program using no

Sid,

You have described a triangle cut in a counterclockwise direction.
The radius of the inscribed circle is 1.4645. That means that the
largest diameter cutter you can use to cut inside this triangle (left
comp counterclockwise) is twice the radius or 2.929 diameter.

Tool comp requires that you describe geometry that will fit within
the constraints of your design.

Now if you really meant that you wanted to cut this triangle in a
Clockwise direction and compensated on the left, then the program for
the center of the tool would look like this:

N10 G00 X5.000 Y-3.000 Z0.000
N11 G01 X0.000 Y-3.000
N12 G02 X-2.121 Y2.121 I0.000 J3.000
N13 G01 X2.879 Y7.121
N14 G02 X8.000 Y5.000 I2.121 J-2.121
N15 G01 X8.000 Y0.000
N16 G02 X5.000 Y-3.000 I-3.000 J0.000

The arcs are the shortest distance around the sharp corners, without
moving the cutter away from the cut path.

Here is some basic information about using cutter compensation
(G41/G42) from the Vector user forum:

http://www.imsrv.com/discus/messages/12/111.html?1027199693

Fred Smith - IMService

Listserve Special discounts and offers are at:
http://www.imsrv.com/grp.html

We are THE source for low cost Cad Cam

Discussion Thread

sid8ball <sid8ball@h... 2003-01-05 15:08:32 UTC Cutter compensation Raymond Heckert 2003-01-05 18:18:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cutter compensation bjammin@i... 2003-01-06 06:09:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cutter compensation doug98105 <dougrasmussen@c... 2003-01-06 07:32:01 UTC Re: Cutter compensation Fred Smith <imserv@v... 2003-01-06 14:25:37 UTC Re: Cutter compensation