CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

laptop ( was Re: HELP: Bipolar stepper ciruit

on 2003-01-06 13:51:43 UTC
Al,
The cheapest way to run a small stepper is with a kit from
HTTP://www.qkits.com Look for their item QK109. This is complete
with all components for US $15. It's based on a UCN5804b driver chip
that is good for 1.25 Amp at up to 36 volts. There is an onboard 555
pulse generator with control pot to allow continious running at
variable speeds. The unit includes a single step push button switch,
along with a slide switch for direction. Also included are 2
configuration slide switches to allow setting for full, half, or wave
stepping. The board has an onboard 7805 regulator and filtering to
provide +5 volts to its logic section. (You may need to replace this
with a "Low DropOut regulator to run on 6v battery)

With simple mods you can run this with step/direction signals from a
parallel port, or from a pic processor. I am us 5 of these to run
NEMA 23 and 32 motors on a 5 axis milling gantry. A friend of mine
uses one to run focus on about a 10 inch reflector scope. He uses a
Pic 16F84 to provide step/direction signals. The F84 is also used to
remember the home focus position for various eyepieces.

Hope this helps.

Bob Hinze

<101@g...>
> > wrote:
> > > Happy new year to all.
> > > I'm looking for a cuircuit to run a small bipolar stepper.
> > > I need a hand held controller as its for a telescope, all
> > > the circuits I've seen are computer controlled and I have no
way
> of
> > > draging my p.c/monitor out side :)
> > > Hope someone can help. The makers controller runs of 6Volts
> > batteries.
> > > Thank you. al
> >

> > Addresses:
> > Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
> >
> > Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
> > Moderator: jmelson@a... timg@k... [Moderator]
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts
> > metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it if you have
trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

be
> a sister
> > site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
for
> OT
> > subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >
> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING

al <101@g... 2003-01-05 09:55:17 UTC HELP: Bipolar stepper ciruit Tim Goldstein 2003-01-05 10:19:57 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] HELP: Bipolar stepper ciruit jeffalanp <xylotex@h... 2003-01-05 11:19:05 UTC Re: HELP: Bipolar stepper ciruit turbulatordude <davemucha@j... 2003-01-05 12:52:04 UTC Re: HELP: Bipolar stepper ciruit bobhinze <bobhinze@y... 2003-01-05 15:08:33 UTC Re: HELP: Bipolar stepper ciruit al 2003-01-06 01:52:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: HELP: Bipolar stepper ciruit al 2003-01-06 01:56:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: HELP: Bipolar stepper ciruit turbulatordude <davemucha@j... 2003-01-06 06:41:59 UTC laptop ( was Re: HELP: Bipolar stepper ciruit al 2003-01-06 06:55:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] laptop ( was Re: HELP: Bipolar stepper ciruit bobhinze <bobhinze@y... 2003-01-06 13:51:43 UTC laptop ( was Re: HELP: Bipolar stepper ciruit Ron Yost 2003-01-06 16:55:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] laptop ( was Re: HELP: Bipolar stepper ciruit JanRwl@A... 2003-01-06 17:47:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] laptop ( was Re: HELP: Bipolar stepper ciruit JanRwl@A... 2003-01-06 17:51:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] laptop ( was Re: HELP: Bipolar stepper ciruit James Owens 2003-01-06 18:01:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] laptop ( was Re: HELP: Bipolar stepper ciruit JanRwl@A... 2003-01-07 13:25:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] laptop ( was Re: HELP: Bipolar stepper ciruit James Owens 2003-01-07 14:29:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] laptop ( was Re: HELP: Bipolar stepper ciruit JanRwl@A... 2003-01-07 15:56:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] laptop ( was Re: HELP: Bipolar stepper ciruit