CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Bobcad & Cutter Comp

Fred Smith wrote:

> From: "Fred Smith" <imserv@...>

> It is very easy to control turning on and off of cutter comp, by using
> the
> approach and depart function. This generates a teardrop shaped
> construction
> that allows a beginning straight move during which you turn cutter
> comp on,
> and a corresponding straight ending move, during which you turn cutter
> comp
> off. Bobcad allows you to do this manually, and Vector automates the
> process.

Could you tell me a little about how you do this in Bobcad? I use it,
and
manually edit the programs right now to do this. I select a location on
the
screen, and place a 'point' there, for the lead-in start point, and
another
for the lead-out, so that I don't trigger the concave corner problem.
Then, I tell bobcad/CAM to move to the point, and then move to the
point where I want to actually begin cutting, and then 'cut all'.
Then, I manually edit in the G41 or G42 code at the appropriate
line in the code, and the G40 for the lead-out. I then have to run
this by the backplotter a few times until I get all the points, side of
offset and everything else going right. So, I could use some help
getting Bobcad to do it in a more organized manner, if there is one.
I don't recall an approach and depart function, but I could have missed
it.

Thansk,

Jon Elson 2000-02-15 14:18:22 UTC Re: Re: Bobcad & Cutter Comp Fred Smith 2000-02-15 14:38:18 UTC Re: Re: Bobcad & Cutter Comp