CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: suggestions for router lead

on 2003-01-16 05:17:29 UTC
Hi Ballendo,

nice to see you here again. Where have you been hiding ??
I remeber that you were doing some designing, any sites to show your
work ?

About Grahams situation and leadscrews. I would recommend
considdering a belt drive with a 3:1 on the leadscrew. and go for
slower table speed. that would offer a 2:1 for faster speed and
possibly 1:1 for high speed.

Figure 0.0005 or better resolution on high speed and everything
should be in the right ranges.

one thing about leadscrews, the smaller may be able to pull, but on
the push, the flex may be too great. I had to tension my screw to
compensate for this problem.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "ballendo <ballendo@y...>"

<eexgs@n...>"
> <eexgs@n...> wrote:
> > I am trying to design a small CNC router based around a Dremel or
> > similar. I have decided upon a fixed bridge design with Y axis
on
> > the bed and X,Z on the bridge. I thought that this would give me
> > nice stiff machine and maximise the force available from the Y
> > stepper.
> >
> > Anyway, I'm looking into leadscrews. I am considering acme
screws
> > with Delrin nuts but am having a hard time deciding on the lead I
> > should go for. Obviously more lead gives greater speed but
> > resolution suffers.
> >
> > I want a reasonable swift machine that will do some basic pcb
> > milling, ply part cutting and mould making. The design is based
on
> > an A4 paper sized bed and is designed to be sturdy as I intend to
> use
> > quite a lot of 1/2" ali in the construction. Steppers a 200 step
> > bipolars.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Graham Stabler
> > Nottingham, England.

Discussion Thread

Graham Stabler <eexgs@n... 2003-01-15 09:07:37 UTC suggestions for router lead CL 2003-01-15 11:23:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] suggestions for router lead Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-01-15 11:55:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] suggestions for router lead ballendo <ballendo@y... 2003-01-15 16:49:49 UTC Re: suggestions for router lead david_mucha <david_mucha@y... 2003-01-16 05:17:29 UTC Re: suggestions for router lead