CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Shoptask cnc steppers

Posted by Hoyt McKagen
on 2003-01-17 05:39:38 UTC
At 10:23 PM 1/16/03 -0600, you wrote:
>I've got a question for the group. I've go a shoptask 3 in1
>I'm trying to set the maximum step rate on the motors. The question
>is how much force should the X/Y table apply before losing steps
>I realize that it will vary depending on what material is going to being cut
>I'm just looking for an approximate figure I'd like to get the most speed I
>can and still be reliable. Any ideas

My conversion will shift bolted-down parts and tooling before it stalls, or
occasionally if crashed in the right direction it unscrews the pulley
retainer nuts. That may be overkill but it doesn't ever lose steps while
working. For ref, I'm running 450 oz/in steppers at 3-3.5 amps, a 2.5:1
drive ratio and 5 mm pitch screws. I use Berg's cable belts and it will
even break them at splice bushing, or did before Berg corrected a QC
problem. Anyway I overkilled that too, had them make me some customs with
two bushings per splice.

Regards, Hoyt McKagen

Anti-virus request: Please do not add this email addy to address books
Belfab CNC - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/belfab/belfab.html
US Best MC - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/best.html
Camping/Caving - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/caving.html
Religious strife proves there's no god

Discussion Thread

Jimmy 2003-01-16 20:25:33 UTC Shoptask cnc steppers torsten98001 <torsten@g... 2003-01-16 23:23:44 UTC Re: Shoptask cnc steppers Hoyt McKagen 2003-01-17 05:39:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Shoptask cnc steppers