CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC rotary axes

Tim Goldstein wrote:

>My limited understanding is that Art uses the middle of the Z position for
>each move as the current radius. The Z value you enter is just to give Mach1
>a place to track the radius from.

I'm not too sure I understand. The way I might want to use this is as
an A axis, ie. parallel to the
X axis. Now, in the simple case, where the Y axis is such that the
spindle (Z axis) ir right over
the A axis, then Z moves directly change the radius. You could easily
make the demand that
Y=0, Z=0 is the origin of the A axis. Then any moves in the Y and Z
axes can be easily converted
into radius from the A axis. Is this what you meant above?

Jon

Discussion Thread

Jon Elson 2003-01-22 23:28:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC rotary axes rainnea <rainnea@b... 2003-01-23 02:33:06 UTC Re: EMC rotary axes