CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gettys Servo Control

Posted by Paul
on 2003-01-24 12:14:44 UTC
The core of the detection process of most linux installers is kudzu. This
little program probes your hardware looking for mouse/keyboard ports,
serial/parallel ports, hard disk types and sizes, and the video card. Other
interfaces such as network cards are also probed so that the system knows
what needs to be configured. On the whole, kudzu performs it's task reliably
on virtually all PCs (some uncommon hardware does cause problems from time to
time).

Once the hardware has been detected and confirmed by the user, the various
drivers and associated configurations are installed - The inner details of
how anaconda or kudzu work are well outside the list topic of CNC. Suffice to
say, you are at the mercy of the distribution builder as to exactly what gets
installed and what is left out. The BDI will install all the basic packages
to get you up and running with EMC and also provide a usable desktop
enviroment should you wish to do the web, email, or play games.

Regards, Paul.

--

The spamming scumbags have won - A new email account is now in use with a
mangled return address. Send replies to :

Discussion Thread

justjuha <juha.keisala@n... 2003-01-16 23:22:09 UTC Gettys Servo Control Ray Henry 2003-01-17 05:57:47 UTC Re: Gettys Servo Control Ned Seith <nedtron@e... 2003-01-22 01:45:49 UTC Re: Gettys Servo Control justjuha <juha.keisala@n... 2003-01-24 04:48:03 UTC Re: Gettys Servo Control Paul 2003-01-24 12:14:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gettys Servo Control James Owens 2003-01-24 14:03:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gettys Servo Control