CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Gettys Servo Control

on 2003-01-24 04:48:03 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Ned Seith <nedtron@e...>"
<nedtron@e...> wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Ray Henry <rehenry@u...>
> wrote:
> >
> > >    From: "justjuha <juha.keisala@n...>" <juha.keisala@n...>
> > > Subject: Gettys Servo Control
> > >
> > <s> I have read something about EMC / Servo To Go Inc combination
> but I
> > > have understood the EMC works in linux. I am not familiar with
> linux
> > > and if I want to try EMC, I have to install Linux and this
means I
> > > have to sacrifice one PC for it?
> >
> > Yes, there have already been enough "sacrefices" offered to the
> Norse
> > god, Linux.
> >
> > Ray
>
> Greetings,
>
> While it would be most practical to have a dedicated CNC
workstation,
> it is not necessary using a boot / partition manager.
>
> A boot / partition manager will accomodate multiple operating
systems
> on a single desktop computer.
>
> A very reliable boot / partition manager that I have used for
several
> years is System Commander. www.v-com.com
>
> The computer that I am currently using will boot into a Windows 98
> DOS prompt or Windows ME GUI or Windows NT 4 Workstation or Caldera
Open Li=
> nux.
>
> Ned

Dear Ned,

In theory this is possible.
But as I wrote, I'm not familiar with Linux or its developer, though
I'm his compatriot, so in practice this means I have to have another
computer for e.g. the iternet access during the linux investigations.
There is one promising thing that I found dedicated for me, the BDI,
brain dead installation. I'm still fairly suspicious about this, how
does it install e.g. the all drivers to my PC?
furthermore, I'm newbie in this PC-CNC stuff, so there is enough
things without linux.

What else options I have with my Gettys servos that are brushed DC
motors. Feedback is resolver (or tacho). The type of the controller
is 11-1010-97.

Does somebody have experienses e.g. about Rutex's products (R90)
http://www.rutex.com/home/servo.htm
Is there other corresponding products available?

Discussion Thread

justjuha <juha.keisala@n... 2003-01-16 23:22:09 UTC Gettys Servo Control Ray Henry 2003-01-17 05:57:47 UTC Re: Gettys Servo Control Ned Seith <nedtron@e... 2003-01-22 01:45:49 UTC Re: Gettys Servo Control justjuha <juha.keisala@n... 2003-01-24 04:48:03 UTC Re: Gettys Servo Control Paul 2003-01-24 12:14:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gettys Servo Control James Owens 2003-01-24 14:03:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gettys Servo Control