CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mach 1 ?? - Please confirm

Posted by Chris L
on 2003-01-26 18:39:44 UTC
Thanks much Art. I find the adjustable stepoff almost a necessity,
seeing that I do run fixed 0,0 fences and run different Spindles/Heads.
I just started laying out my Pin config as I read once that IF you have
a microK box, and I do, that Mach1 will not allow pin configs to work
directly. Not a problem there really.......

Come to think of it, I change Accels a lot depending on jobs I run as
well, so the fact that it changes stepoff distances with that setting
would or could be real challenging. Might be something to ponder on for
us fellows with Flatbeds. And, I don't think I would ever want to be
without "fences" on a router as it saves gobs of time setting up raw
stock and knowing where it is. This is especially true for typical
engraving work on repetitious materials.

I have no doubt that you already are on top of it then ! Keep up the
good work.

Art wrote:

>Chris:
>
> Sorry, but the distance is not yet settable. It is a ramped to zero move
>off of the switch. The distance off the switch will actually depend on your
>acceleration profile. The lower your acceleration, the more the toolhead
>will move off the switch. I will be adding a differentail setting at some
>point in the future, so you may want to check back in a couple of months.
>There are many features in the wings...
>
> Thanks,
>Art
>www.artofcnc.ca

Discussion Thread

Chris L 2003-01-26 18:10:43 UTC Mach 1 ?? - Please confirm Chris L 2003-01-26 18:17:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mach 1 ?? - Please confirm Art 2003-01-26 18:20:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mach 1 ?? - Please confirm Chris L 2003-01-26 18:39:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mach 1 ?? - Please confirm ballendo <ballendo@y... 2003-01-27 08:45:41 UTC Re: Mach 1 ?? - Please confirm ballendo <ballendo@y... 2003-01-27 08:49:09 UTC traveling home?!?! was Re: Mach 1 ?? - Please confirm