CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Mach 1 ?? - Please confirm

on 2003-01-27 08:45:41 UTC
Chris,

I just this morning posted a couple of ways to do this in Mach1
(posted on the master5 yahoo group)

Hope this helps,

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Chris L <datac@l...> wrote:
> Thanks much Art. I find the adjustable stepoff almost a necessity,
> seeing that I do run fixed 0,0 fences and run different
Spindles/Heads.
> I just started laying out my Pin config as I read once that IF you
have
> a microK box, and I do, that Mach1 will not allow pin configs to
work
> directly. Not a problem there really.......
>
> Come to think of it, I change Accels a lot depending on jobs I run
as
> well, so the fact that it changes stepoff distances with that
setting
> would or could be real challenging. Might be something to ponder on
for
> us fellows with Flatbeds. And, I don't think I would ever want to
be
> without "fences" on a router as it saves gobs of time setting up
raw
> stock and knowing where it is. This is especially true for typical
> engraving work on repetitious materials.
>
> I have no doubt that you already are on top of it then ! Keep up
the
> good work.
>
> Art wrote:
>
> >Chris:
> >
> > Sorry, but the distance is not yet settable. It is a ramped to
zero move
> >off of the switch. The distance off the switch will actually
depend on your
> >acceleration profile. The lower your acceleration, the more the
toolhead
> >will move off the switch. I will be adding a differentail setting
at some
> >point in the future, so you may want to check back in a couple of
months.
> >There are many features in the wings...
> >
> > Thanks,
> >Art
> >www.artofcnc.ca

Discussion Thread

Chris L 2003-01-26 18:10:43 UTC Mach 1 ?? - Please confirm Chris L 2003-01-26 18:17:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mach 1 ?? - Please confirm Art 2003-01-26 18:20:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mach 1 ?? - Please confirm Chris L 2003-01-26 18:39:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mach 1 ?? - Please confirm ballendo <ballendo@y... 2003-01-27 08:45:41 UTC Re: Mach 1 ?? - Please confirm ballendo <ballendo@y... 2003-01-27 08:49:09 UTC traveling home?!?! was Re: Mach 1 ?? - Please confirm