CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] NEW member Suitable conversions?

Posted by D.F.S.
on 2000-02-21 09:41:43 UTC
> From: Jon Elson <jmelson@...>
>
> >"D.F.S." wrote:
>
> > if it
> > doesn't start correctly just one time, it will burn up.
>
> No, it will blow the breaker, pronto! It is VERY hard to burn up a
15
> Hp motor!

In all honesty, I'm a lot more concerned about toasting something
in the controller.
Due to a spike or brownout or something I'll learn about after
it's too late.
One person mentioned a phase converter being jamed in reverse hard
enough by the load to reverse.
My controller appears very sensitive to the correct phase rotation.
would a reversal toast it? any way to know for SURE until it happens?

It is old, probably unrepairable, and I have no documentation on it.

Toast one 20 year old IC, and the whole thing is reduced to junk.

That fear, is a large reason to move to a EMC, as much or more
that the added functionality.

Discussion Thread

D.F.S. 2000-02-21 09:31:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] NEW member Suitable conversions? D.F.S. 2000-02-21 09:41:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] NEW member Suitable conversions?