CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question to Mariss about demagnetion was Re : Torque when usin

Posted by Tony Jeffree
on 2003-02-04 03:48:20 UTC
Using 4 wires instead of 6 gives you the equivalent of an 8-wire motor that
has been "series connected". What I did was to separate the centre tap in
each coil, effectively converting the motor into an 8-wire motor, then
connect pairs of coils in parallel, to give the equivalent of a parallel
connected 8-wire motor.

The point of the experiment was to see what difference in performance I get
with this configuration, running at 1.414 times the unipolar current
rating. I've been diverted from this by other activities, so experiments
not yet complete.

Regards,
Tony