CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: I need a new stepper driver

Posted by Clint Bach
on 2000-02-21 13:57:21 UTC
Well Tim,

I just tried to upgrade my system and screwed it all up... Don't try to
upgrade Caldera Linux with Mandrake Linux! I had to start over and lost
all my bookmarks. That's why I can't find the web page I'm looking for.

Er, uh, oh, I guess you meant how did I smoke the driver... Right? No
help there... I was just moving the z axis up and down tuning the speed
to go as fast as could without skipping steps. I noticed the motor would
go a few tenths and stop all by itself. Then I would let up on the key
and it would go again. Then the smoke started and the motors stopped,
never to start again. This WAS a Slo-Syn 430 driver. I really don't know
why it smoked... Old age I guess.

The computer is fine. I replaced the driver and motor with a smaller
combination and it works but It's not strong enough to do the job.

Clint Bach

> Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 07:38:39 -0700
> From: "Tim Goldstein" <timg@...>
> Subject: RE: I need a new stepper driver
>
> OK, inquiring minds want to know, what did you do so we don't do the same?
>

> Tim
> [Denver, CO]
>
> timg@... <mailto:timg@...>
> http://www.ktmarketing.com
>

> > From: Clint Bach <clintbach@...>
> >
> > Well, once again I proved stepper drivers run on smoke. I let the smoke
> > out of one one of my stepper drivers and now it won't work! I guess it's
> > time to build a new one.
> >
> > I can't remember the URL for the 5 amp pwm circuits discussed a few
> > months ago... Can someone point me in the right direction?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Clint Bach

Discussion Thread

Clint Bach 2000-02-21 00:30:46 UTC I need a new stepper driver Tim Goldstein 2000-02-21 06:38:39 UTC RE: I need a new stepper driver Clint Bach 2000-02-21 13:57:21 UTC Re: I need a new stepper driver stratton@m... 2000-02-21 15:53:46 UTC Re: I need a new stepper driver Andrew Werby 2000-02-22 03:30:13 UTC Re: I need a new stepper driver