CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: FW: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] hybrid stepper bias

Posted by Tony Jeffree
on 2003-02-08 00:30:23 UTC
Clearly, as the manufacturers are able to magnetize the rotors in the first
place, it has to be possible.

The more interesting question is whether it is a practical thing for anyone
else to do. I suspect that depends on how much money you want to throw at
the problem and how many rotors you want to fix - and for remagnetizing a
small number of rotors, I strongly suspect that the cheaper option is to
toss them & buy new motors.

Regards,
Tony