CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport Servo brand drives

turbulatordude wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I did some work for my local machinist today, he has a Bridgeport
>with a Servo brand CNC attachment.
>
>currently he has the X,Y and Z cards, but only X and Y axis motors.
>
>can anyone offer any information on this ?
>
>We were discussing what would be needed to add the Z motor and also
>the 4th axis for the rotary table. Seems Servo brand parts are
>pretty expensive.
>
>I am hoping that this is step and direction stuff and we can just add
>a Gecko and servo for the rotary, and that all we would need is a
>servo motor and encoder for the Z.

The only Servo-brand stuff I've seen is power feeds, but I suspect it is NOT
step/direction. Also, how would the rotary axis be commanded? Does it
have provisions for a 4th axis?

turbulatordude <davemucha@j... 2003-02-11 19:13:46 UTC Bridgeport Servo brand drives Jon Elson 2003-02-11 19:34:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport Servo brand drives turbulatordude <davemucha@j... 2003-02-11 21:49:55 UTC Re: Bridgeport Servo brand drives Jon Elson 2003-02-12 09:35:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Bridgeport Servo brand drives