CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: metal/plastic lead screw lube

on 2003-02-12 07:19:49 UTC
Brian,

Krytox. Dupont product. Expensive. But worth it, IMO. Pure Teflon.
Well actually, it's PerFlouroPolyEther (PFPE, an "oil"), thicked into
grease with PFTE (teflon).

Sold in bike shops as Dupont Teflon Bearing Grease. 9 bucks for 18
grams...

This product (Krytox) was originally developed for the space shuttle
turbine pumps. High pressure, high temp, inert requirement.

Hope this helps,

Ballendo

P.S. BSA (Ballscrews.com) sells a grease developed specifically for
their leadscrews/ballscrews. As a second choice, it's a good one.

And white lithium grease is traditional.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <ka1bbg@w...> wrote:
> Hi, Getting ready to finnish up some pieces for a bigger gantry but
i wasnt sure what lubrication is best. I have lead screw with blue
plastic nut, also slides composed of aluminum with a thin layer of
plastic running on Thompson rod. last but not least a Veilux stage
that has alum dovetail with thin plastic running on black anodized
aluminum. Ok, what is the best lube

Brian 2003-02-10 14:51:33 UTC metal/plastic lead screw lube echnidna <echnidna@y... 2003-02-10 15:41:53 UTC Re: metal/plastic lead screw lube ballendo <ballendo@y... 2003-02-12 07:19:49 UTC Re: metal/plastic lead screw lube Brian 2003-02-12 17:03:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: metal/plastic lead screw lube