CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: QUESTION ABOUT SERIES OR PARALLEL ON STEPPERMOTORS - ref post 52721

Raymond Heckert wrote:

>Jon, that's actually a very good description of how a saturable reactor
>controls current, as in the Bridgeport SERIES I CNC. The drive current
>passes through the reactor, on it's way to through the Full-Wave bridge.
>The reactor cores are driven into saturation when more current is called
>for, by a sense current from the ACC board. The saturable reactor is thus
>biased magnetically to control the current.

Yes, those saturable reactors are really a type of magnetic amplifier.
And the constuction
is VERY similar to a standard transformer. The exact characteristics of
the iron and the
magnetic flux density produced in the core are the only things different.

Raymond Heckert 2003-02-14 19:09:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: QUESTION ABOUT SERIES OR PARALLEL ON STEPPERMOTORS - ref post 52721 Jon Elson 2003-02-15 15:15:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: QUESTION ABOUT SERIES OR PARALLEL ON STEPPERMOTORS - ref post 52721