CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: plasma setup-leadscrew vs. rack & pinion + software

on 2003-02-20 06:24:37 UTC
Hello,

Roller chain (#25, or even bicycle chain) can work really well for
plasma. Fix the chain at both ends, and move the motor/sprocket. An
idler sprocket or two adds "wrap" to the motor sprocket. If your
motors are small, try a 4:1 reduction before the final output. BTW,
this will work for routers too...

Hope this helps,

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "caudlet <info@t...>"

www.plasmacam.com
> for some ideas about rack and pinion setups.
>
> Drop me a line off list and I can go into detail about the THC
plans
> and some ideas for torch holders.

Discussion Thread

nvlibby@c... 2003-02-19 07:15:50 UTC plasma setup-leadscrew vs. rack & pinion + software turbulatordude <davemucha@j... 2003-02-19 07:40:08 UTC Re: plasma setup-leadscrew vs. rack & pinion + software Les Newell 2003-02-19 08:52:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] plasma setup-leadscrew vs. rack & pinion + software caudlet <info@t... 2003-02-19 11:18:20 UTC Re: plasma setup-leadscrew vs. rack & pinion + software CL 2003-02-19 14:43:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] plasma setup-leadscrew vs. rack & pinion + software sierevello <sierevello@a... 2003-02-19 22:57:34 UTC Re: plasma setup-leadscrew vs. rack & pinion + software ballendo <ballendo@y... 2003-02-20 06:24:37 UTC Re: plasma setup-leadscrew vs. rack & pinion + software ironcrafters <nvlibby@c... 2003-02-21 16:07:27 UTC Re: plasma setup-leadscrew vs. rack & pinion + software turbulatordude <davemucha@j... 2003-02-21 17:01:31 UTC Re: plasma setup-leadscrew vs. rack & pinion + software