CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Novice

on 2003-02-20 08:21:21 UTC
Hi Ron,

This is THE group !

and with over 40,000 posts in the archives, you may save yourself
some worry by searching and reading all there is on a certain topic.

Yahoo only searches the last 1,000 or so posts, so you need to keep
hitting next or prevous so see the next results.

Also, read everything in the files section and look at the photos
section. This site is better than most books.

Also, I would recomend you NOT buy on e-bay until you know WHAT to
buy. some prices look great until you find it is wrong in some way.

From my experiance, if you see it on e-bay and search here for
details you will either find it is worthless or worth gold !

and you might want to post where you are from in the event someone
near you has something similar to what you are looking to do.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "monoflyer <ronsalo@h...>"
<ronsalo@h...> wrote:
> Hi Guys, I'm getting a new 9x18 lathe in march and I would like to
> retrofit it for CNC, I'm a complete novice when it comes to CNC and
> I would like to know if this is an appropriate forum for me or if
> somone could recomend a site where I can ask a ton of "really"
basic
> questions ? And I do mean basic.
> Thanks Ron

Discussion Thread